photo

photo

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Holiday Joy


I've had a fun week working on this holiday Joy Garland.  Its an enhancement from a my first felt, beads and buttons garland a few years ago.  A gift for someone who prefers neutrals - this may not scream color, but it sure whispers winter.  I was able to use so many different embellishments and several different textures of wool felt.  Look  closely and you will see crocheted edging on the star, white work embroidery and wool applique on the heart, cut work and trapunto on the wool snowflake, and buttons with embroidery on the reindeer.  Most of the vintage buttons come from the collection of a dear family friend who has passed on.

Long and dangling, its not exactly photogenic when hanging, I took some close ups of my favorite pieces at my desk.











No comments:

Post a Comment