photo

photo

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Fairy folk encampment

Fairy folk are arriving one by one for the Winter  Encampment.
They bring the glory of autumn colors and they foretell the celebrations of the winter to come.


There are so many o to opportunities to make each tiny piece one of a kind.  Different hair, hats, clothes, beads and thread embellishment.

I find myself looking at silk flowers with the eyes of a dissector.  How many layers can I get from this flower....would this center make a tiny hat...how will these petal shapes work together  to form a skirt...what could I do with this leaf?  

The faces seem to have such unique characteristics as well.  Even though they are actually painted step by step following very simple instructions by Sally Mavor in her Wee Folk book,  I'm happy with personalities they project.

No comments:

Post a Comment